The Astor, originally named The Washington Building is a historic 18-story building in downtown Tacoma. Built in 1925, the twin towered WA Building, originally used as an office occupancy, was recognized as the second tallest building in the Pacific Northwest. The building was converted into a boutique-style apartment community of studio, one, and two-bedroom residences. The apartment units feature expansive views of Tacoma and the Puget Sound. The rooftop and penthouse space, which housed Tacoma’s medical Scientific Zoo in the past, was transformed into a rooftop amenity deck. Underneath The Astor’s magnificent Foyer sits the building’s original Scandinavian-American bank vault, which has been recreated into an upscale, private cocktail lounge for residents and their guests.
General Contractor: Venture General Contracting LLC
Subcontractor Amount: $4,623,618
Size: 149,780 sf
- Interior Metal Framing
- Exterior Metal Framing
- Exterior Sheathing
- Fire/Acoustical Caulking